Sarakiniko beach in Elafonisos island would enchant you with its soft sand and crystal-clear water. To the southeast, within walking distance you will find Simos beach. Both are excellent choices to build an entire holiday around.
- Name: Sarakiniko beach
- Also known as: Megali Paralia
- Location: Elafonisi island, Peloponnese , Greece
Click here to see it on the map and to get directions
- Overall Rating: 5/5
- Joy Index (What the Water Felt Like): 5/5
- Beach Berm: Sand
- Seafloor: Sand
- Access: Good. There is a road that will bring you close to the beach. You will reach the water after a short walk over sand dunes.
- Amenities: Bar and food kiosk within walking distance
Sarakiniko beach is featured in the GreekLandcapes.com top-ten best beaches of Greece.
It is a fantastic wide and long patch of soft, golden sand that frames crystal-clear waters at the sourthern end of Elafonisos island.
There are other beaches in Greece named “Sarakiniko”. The most well known is Sarakiniko beach in Milos island, and one lesser known in the west coast of Preveza.
Elafonisos (or Elafonisi) island is a tiny island and mostly known to Greeks.
The nearby Simos beach gets more of the fame thanks to some very loud and semi-trendy kiosk-bars that contribute to considerable traffic an noise.
But a short walk from Simos beach will bring you as close as you can get to beach paradise.
Sarakiniko beach is so long and wide, you will always find a quiet spot in the sand even during the busiest days of summer.