Plaka beach is a long sandy patch to the south of Naxos chora. Beyond the busy northern end you will find plenty of space to spread out. It’s sand dunes are soft, and the sea beautiful, so we rate it as one of the best in Greece.
- Name: Plaka beach (Πλάκα)
- Location: Naxos island, Greece
Click here to see iton the map and to get directions
- Overall Rating: 5/5
- Joy Index (What the Water Felt Like): 5/5
- Beach Berm: Sand
- Seafloor: Sand
- Access: Fair: a dirt road runs the length of the beach
- Amenities: Several hotels and restaurants are spread out throughout the beach
Naxos island has plenty of beautiful beaches, but we really enjoyed swimming at Plaka so we rate it as one of the best in Greece.
Don’t be fooled by the crowded and narrow part near Naxos town. Drive a bit farther south and you will find out that the beach is endless.
It’s long and wide, so if you are looking for a quiet swimming experience, you will find ample space.
A bit farther to the south, you will find Vigla and Kastraki beaches, which are just as nice to swim for a day or to spent an entire holiday.